Welcome to the BASAKOS 11th Meeting for the much-anticipated reunion of the Balkan arthroscopy knee surgery and sports medicine orthopaedic community. For the first time in nearly three years, we are together again to experience orthopaedic excellence with three powerful days of education, innovation, and collaboration.
We are delighted to invite you in Ioannina city located in the Νorthwestern part of Greece, sits in the center of a valley, amongst enormous mountains. The town was built on the famous Egnatia Odos, the road that connects Europe with Asia, one of the most ancient routes in history, spanning over 2000 years, once used by the Persians and ancient Greeks.
From the Stone Age, the ancient Greek civilizations, the Roman magistrates and the Byzantine despots through to the Ottoman pashas and the modern Greek democracy, the history trail leads to the unmissable attractions of today’s multicultural Ioannina: six amazing museums, a unique primordial cave, art galleries, twelve churches, one synagogue, sixteen monasteries, twelve well preserved Muslim monuments, and an array of townhouses and public buildings of architectural interest in the city or in the lake island. But that's not all. The simplest experiences turn into something magical in Ioannina! A walk or even a bike ride around the lake Pamvotida offers breathtaking views, espesialy the view of the populated small lake island. Some experiences that you do not get to live every day!
Ioannina is the city that never sleeps. And how can it sleep with more than 20,000 students living here? The nightlife options are countless, especially during the summer and autumnal season. The bars and clubs by the lake make for unforgettable.
In the 11th BASAKOS MEETING you will have the unmatched opportunity to:
• Refresh your approach and strengthen your skills
with Lectures from world renowned surgeons’ expertise in their field.
• Uncover evidence-based innovations and new.
solutions for your patients in the Exhibition.
• Hear from BASAKOS leadership, honor colleagues.
• Participate in our interactive and engaging cadaveric course designed to empower practitioners with the knowledge, skills and confidence.
• Calling all young orthopaedic colleagues! Don't miss the incredible opportunity to showcase your research, expertise, and passion by presenting and actively participating in the discussions at our upcoming congress. Your voice matters, and this is your chance to contribute to the advancement of orthopaedics. Join us and make an impactful impression among your peers and seasoned professionals alike!
Dr. Christos Papageorgiou, MD, Phd,
President of the 11th BASAKOS Organizing Committee
Prof. dr Miroslav Ž. Milankov M.D., PhD, 2022-2023
President of BASAKOS, Orthopeedic Surgery (knee surgery, sport medicine)
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Clinical Center Vojvodina, Medical Faculty of Novi Sad, Novi Sad, Serbia